The Washington State Supreme Court Interpreter Commission invites you to a Public Forum on Language Access in the Courts.
Friday, May 29, 2015
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Yakima Area Arboretum
1401 Arbortetum Dr.
The ADA 25th Celebration and Rally
“Looking to our Past to See our Future”
This July 26th, will be the 25th anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
We know that many of you have been making plans on how you are going to celebrate this milestone in the disability rights movement. We also know, that many of you would like to collaborate with other organizations to bring public awareness and to share in the public celebration of where we have been, where we are now, and raise awareness of where we still need to go.
When: July 22, 2015, (Wednesday)
Time: 4 PM to 6 PM
Where: WestLake Park/Center in Downtown Seattle
How: Rally- Celebrate- Collaborate
PLEASE SAVE THE DATE. We want you, your members, staff, networks and people served to be part of this celebration to bring public attention to the ADA. We want to celebrate its achievements and Rally for issues that will bring opportunity for true equity to all. Let us know your interest, so we can contact you to support, coordinate, and/or partner if possible.
Why am I receiving this message?
We are developing our Community Partnership contact list and have included you in our first outreach message.
· Please take time to forward to your partners and networks.
· Please respond to this email to find out how you and your organization can take part in this exciting rally and celebration.
We have many opportunities to participate and can range from:
· Organizing your group to attend the day of the event
· Sending our information updates to all your distribution networks and partners
· Provide in kind services for the day of (accommodation services, volunteering for hosting etc.)
· Being one of our Angel Sponsors providing funding for the successful and memorable 25th Anniversary Celebration
Who will be at the event?
· Senator Cyrus Habib
· Stuart Pixley (Community activist)
· Senator Patty Murray- Video
· Governor Inslee Representative
· Mayor Ed Murray
· 3 to 5 community advocates representing the work that lead to the signing of the ADA, the positive impact 20+ years after, and a focus on where we need to still work together for change.
· Various musical artists and “people moments”
· Numerous “shout outs” to organizations in the crowd to cheer their efforts
Who Needs to be at this event:
· Community Partners
· Organizations serving the disability communities
· Organizations representing the interests of people with disabilities
· Business, government and allies to the disability community
· People with disabilities to celebrate together!
“Day-Of” planning details will include:
· Transportation options for various modes of travel
· Drop off and pick up locations
· Day of agenda and speaker and entertainment program
· Information on accommodation solutions being provided for this event
· Other ADA events planned by organizations around the state
· And much …..much ……more.
Looking forward to working with you to share our communities pride and resolution to the people of Washington State. Sincerely your ADA Celebration Steering Committee.
Ø Washington State Rehabilitation Council (WSRC)
Ø Washington State Independent Living Council (WASILC)
Ø Northwest ADA Center
Ø Seattle Commission for People with Disabilities-City of Seattle
Ø Department of Services for the Blind
Ø City of Seattle Office of Civil Rights
Ø Alliance for People with disabilities
Ø ARC of Washington
Ø Washington Business Leadership Network (WaBLN)
Ø Northwest Paralyzed Veterans Association
Mark Adreon – email@example.com, 206.906.5502
Teesha Kirschbaum – firstname.lastname@example.org, 360.725.3690
Brooke Searight – email@example.com, 360.725.3692
Town Hall Meetings
Proposed Bill for Sign Language Interpreting License
A collbrative project by WSAD & WRID
Save the Date: August 6 – 9, 2015
2015 WSAD’s 52nd Biennial Conference
Washington School for the Deaf
Scroll down and click Conference
Scroll down and click Register Now
JOIN: The NAD welcomes you to join the next NAD Leadership Training Conference in Birmingham, Alabama September 24-26, 2015!
Come and gain the knowledge, expertise, and network to enable full productivity and success within your state associations, organization, and corporations! Don’t miss out on an interactive and fact filled weekend! We look forward to having you participate in this thriving leadership training event in beautiful Birmingham.
Register today: www.nad.org/2015nltc